Monday, February 13, 2012

Oh Ee Oh Ee Oh...

Last week, while I was brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed (why does it take twice as long to get ready for bed than it does in the morning? It's something that plagues me on a regular basis), I heard my husband and daughter discussing something in the hallway. When my husband came into our room I asked him what they were talking about.

"Some bird that was spotted in Wellfleet on the Cape but is only seen this time of the year in West Mexico."

I had a mouth full of mouthwash at this point, but I really wanted to know what kind of bird it was because seriously...what kind of bird is spotted way up here in Massachusetts this time of the year when it's supposed to be seen in Western Mexico? It's not like the weather patterns are real similar, even for the weird winter we've had.

But seeing as I'd just started swishing the mouthwash and wanted to get the full allotted time so it would do its job, I mumbled to him "Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm?"

He looked at me (not too nastily) and asked (not too nastily) "What?"

I then put my arms out to my sides and started to move them in an up and down motion (while still swishing the mouthwash). He looked at me and said "Oh...what kind of bird was it? The Lazuli Bunting." Then he turned and walked into our room.

I finished up in the bathroom then walked into our room as well. I looked at him and said "I love that our relationship is so finely tuned that you knew what I was asking."

Without blinking an eye he looked at me and said "Well, you either wanted to know the name of the bird or you really miss Morris Day and The Time."

Truth be told? I do miss Morris Day and The Time. Especially Jerome. Oh ee oh ee oh.

4 comments:

  1. We are seriously certifiable, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in RI so I want to know about this weird bird thing now and I also would have been flapping to find out. This winter is weird indeed, but I didn't think it was *that* weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw a mosquito yesterday. In February. That ain't right.

      Delete